Events include solo & ensemble, spring concerts, jazz band
- Preparing Your Ensemble for Expressive Performance – Robert Sheldon
- Bring Your Band Program to the Next Level: Benefits of Utilizing a Clinician – Greg Countryman, Cindy Lansford, Susan Scarborough, 2012
Instructional tools & musical links
- BandDirectorsTalkShop.com is a website available to educate and inspire band directors. It houses over 300 articles full of practical articles you can use today. Articles are written by respected music educators from around the United States. Learn. Share. Inspire.
Events: marching band, all region/state auditions
- Tips for a Successful Region Band Experience from Start to Finish! Three Perspectives: Student, Teacher, Clinician by Cynthia Lansford, Ryan Johnston, Taylor White
- Producing Outstanding Musicians through Preparation for Region/District Band Auditions by Greg Countryman
- Developing Your Marching Percussion Section by Jordan Stern & Kris Hartman – Claudia Taylor Johnson HS.
- PBM Mississippi Chapter “Young Band Director Project”
These videos were sponsored by the Mississippi Chapter of Phi Beta Mu and produced and filmed by CA Video Productions. These videos are designed for young directors or college students who are getting ready begin their student teaching experience. The directors you see in these videos are some of the finest directors in our state who have volunteered to demonstrated methods and techniques they have developed throughout their years of teaching.
- The Canadian Brass present a discussion video on brass buzzing
- Marine Band Learning Tools – This is a tremendous resource with lots of reference recordings and program notes that can be downloaded for free! This a a “hidden jewel” on the web! Thanks to the PBM Georgia website for reminding us all about this link!
Foundations for Good Practice Habits
−by Dr. Christina Guenther
Musical Mastery for Band
−by Kathy Johnson & Asa Burk [Alpha members]
This method book is being used by band directors around Texas and neighbouring states and is also being used as the primary text for the wind instrument techniques classes for music education majors at both University of North Texas and the University of Texas at Arlington.
Music Theory for Beginning Instrumentalists: A Scripted Curriculum
−a collaboration between Mary Ellen Cavitt [Alpha member] and Randallyn Kelso Holdford
Designed for beginning instrumentalists, this text provides work in music theory to supplement a beginner method book. It is available from J.W. Pepper and is published by RBC Publications.