Chapter Nominations are Now Being Accepted
Nominations will be open from June 1 to September 30 for two positions on the International Board and for Vice-President/President-Elect.
- Nominations vetted and mounted on the International website by November 1.
- Polls close at 12:00 midnight on November 30, 2023 [PST].
- Election results announced on December 1, 2023.
Thank you for everything you do for our profession and fraternity. Please consider sharing your time and talents with Phi Beta Mu International. We welcome your input and encourage you to participate in the upcoming Phi Beta Mu International election.
Terms of Office:
- All elected officers serve terms that are three years in length.
- Board orientation occurs during the 2023 meetings with service commencing 2024-2026 (with the exception the Vice-President will serve in 2024 and 2025).
- Any individual who allows their name to stand for election must be able to attend all meetings of the International Board of Directors at the 2023 Midwest Clinic [December 20–22, 2023].
- Board and General Assembly meetings are scheduled on Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning.
- Each chapter may submit two nominations for the International Board of Directors.
- Be aware of the restriction that no election result can achieve more than two members from a single chapter sitting simultaneously on the International Board of Directors. The President, Vice President and Executive Secretary are exempt from this, as they form the International Executive Committee.
- A candidate for President or Vice President must have been a regular member of the fraternity for at least three years prior to his/her nomination and may not hold the office of International President or Vice President while maintaining these roles at the chapter level.
- Nominations should originate at each chapter’s annual business meeting or by online ballot and must have the endorsement of the Chapter President and/or Secretary.
- PBM members can access the Chapter Nomination Forms.
- All nominations must be accompanied by a brief biography and high-resolution jpeg photo for the ballot.
- Please forward all documentation to the Phi Beta Mu International Executive Secretary — June Bearden.
The following timelines will be adhered to:
- Nominations will be received between June 1 and September 30, 2023
- Nominations vetted as they arrive and mounted on the International website by October 1, 2023
- Voting begins November 1, 2023
- Polls close at 12:00 midnight on November 30, 2023 [PST]
- Election results announced on December 1, 2023
If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact June Bearden – Phi Beta Mu International Executive Secretary.