The International Board created the project at Midwest 2018 and this is the fourth series of articles under the Teaching Tips and The Profession topics. These articles will remain on the website as a resource for directors.
- Outreach through the PBM website while providing a central location for teaching tips & the band profession.
- Publicize projects of our PBM chapters and members as well as useful articles from band directors, conventions and publications.
- Share the information via our newsletter, facebook page, board members input and other outlets already in place.
- Focus on two key topics, The Profession & Instructional Tools, and include helpful articles that correspond with the calendar school year.
VIEW THE ARCHIVES
Mentoring Opportunities during the Spring Semester
Organizing your Spring Band Events / Online ideas due to COVID-19
- Consult music publishers such as JW Pepper, Conn-Selmer, Alfred Music share helpful educational ideas during COVID-19
- Creative ideas are being developed using technology tools such as Music First, Smart Music, YouTube, Google Drives, video platforms for class communication, shared drives with lesson plan ideas & grading rubrics
- Search music convention websites, professional Symphony groups & Military bands performances & web pages. Tons of ‘porch concerts’ to enjoy!
Preparing for Adjudication for Concert Contests / Preparing Leaders
Events include Solo & Ensemble, Spring Concerts, Jazz Band
Instructional Tools & Suggested Summer Reading