- Charter granted: 1946
- First meeting: 1953. Since then, Gamma Chapter has initiated 228 members. Chapter was organized by Harold Walters, who became an early honorary member of Phi Beta Mu.
- Charter members: Merle Bucklew; Frank Cofield; Carroll Copeland; Charles Henzie; Nilo Hovey; Roy Johnson; Col. Herbert B. Laswell; Dr. Newell H. Long; Clarence Marocco; William Marocco; Donald Minix; Ben Niles; Bazil O’Reilley; Joseph Owens; Maurice Shadley; Claude B. Smith; Al Stodden; George Vaught; Dalton Wicker
- First officers: Maurice Shadley, President; Bazil O’Reilley, Vice President; Frank Cofield, Secretary/Treasurer
- 76 active; 36 retired active; 11 retired active/chapter; 5 honorary
- First Saturday of December in the Indianapolis area for business meeting and luncheon
- Attendance at meetings averages 75.
- Hall of Fame and Outstanding Bandmaster Awards presented at Indiana Bandmasters Association All-State Band Concert in March
- A golf outing is held each summer.
- Our flower/memorial fund is supported by ‘fining’ members who forget to wear their pins.
- Mentoring for 1st year and young directors
- Podium exchange between members